Rad Reading March

In the month of march I read the book named Rodricks Rules by Jeff Kinney. In this book, there is a boy in seventh grade named Greg and his brother named Rodrick. Since Greg is now in seventh grade, he thinks that he’s got middle school down and he doesn’t have to worry about anything, But there comes Rodrick. Now Rodrick sees this and now wants to destroy Gregs happiness. And throughout this book this book Greg tries to escape Rodricks tricks and pranks.

I really enjoyed this book as the author really put a lot of thought and creativity in this book. I loved how this author thought of a lot of ideas on how Greg tries to escape the pranks. And he also put thought into the pranks and tricks, they all made me laugh. I also felt that the author had very good description and I could easily picture things in my head.

In this book Greg was my favorite out of every character. Greg is my favorite character because of his ability to be naturally funny. He can be doing anything in the whole world and will still make it funny. One character trait that describes Greg is honest. One quote to prove that he’s honest Is, “Most people don’t seem to appreciate a person as honest as me. So don’t ask me how George Washington ever got to be president.” This shows why he is honest because he knows if anyone asks him something, he’s going to be brutally honest and the other person will not like it.

In the novel my favorite quote in the entire book is “ After the presentation we had to fill out these questionnaires. The first question was ‘where do you see urself in fifteen years?’ I know exactly where I will be in fifteen years: in my pool, at my mansion, counting money. But there weren’t any check boxes for THAT option.” This quote is my favorite quote because it shows Greg’s humor and his personality on trying to make things funny.