Rad Reading February

In the month of February I read the novel Heat by Mike Lupica. Now this book was one of my favorite books I’ve read. This book is about a twelve year old boy named Micheal. Now Micheal plays baseball and has a booming pitching arm. Micheal is a Cuban immigrant. He now lives in the Bronx. Growing up in a poor neighborhood makes it hard for him to get noticed. Micheal has to face all these challenges while still trying to make his dream come true.

I enjoyed this book very much because of the description that Mike Lupica adds to the story. The description makes it easier for the reader to get a picture on what’s going in the moment. Mike Lupica does really good in this boom and this book motivated me.

In this book my favorite character is Micheal because of his ability to overcome his challenges while also staying calm. One of Micheal character traits that he has is simple, and this quote proves it. “On days like this, baseball would make Micheal as happy as it ever did. No umpires. No coaches. No rule’s except the ones you made up.” Now this says why Micheal is simple because Micheal doesn’t need his brother to get him everything to make him happy. He just needs a baseball.

My favorite quote from the book is, “Don’t take this the wrong way,” Micheal said to him, “But ur insane.” Now this quote is my favorite quote because this quote shows how Micheal is naturally funny because Micheal wasn’t trying to be funny. He was just trying to be honest. This shows that Micheal is very warm hearted.

.